We are working with a range of partners to maximise the opportunities that this development can bring to local people looking for work and career opportunities.
These will include:
- An average of 2000 construction jobs a year over the 20 year build
- Apprenticeship and training opportunities with on-site contractors
- A recruitment hub to support companies locating into the Enterprise Zone
- A training needs assessment for those wanting to develop new skills
- Advice on how to access learning and training, including financial support
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques and being 'work-ready'
Now is a good time to think about training you might need to get ready. If you are interested in working on the site, or finding out more about the training and skills opportunities available locally, please register your details on our online form and we’ll be in touch.
Current Vacancies at Alconbury Weald:
Urban&Civic are looking for an experienced community development lead to deliver a positive, proactive and inclusive approach to supporting the new community at Alconbury Weald, as part of the company’s Cambridgeshire-wide Communities and Partnerships team. The purpose of the post is to continue the work started to support an active, empowered and cohesive community at Alconbury Weald:
- ensuring residents are involved in and shaping the development;
- forging connections between new residents and neighbouring communities;
- evolving events, activities and sustainable initiatives to deliver this.
The role will work extensively with residents and with a range of local partners, both within the development and across the local area. You will also be involved in regional and national initiatives for new communities and be a core part of the growing Communities team for Cambridgeshire and beyond.
For a full job description and role requirements please click here or contact email@example.com or call 01480 413141. For a discussion about the role please ask to speak to Rebecca Britton, Head of Communities and Partnerships for Urban&Civic.