We are working with a range of partners to maximise the opportunities that this development can bring to local people looking for work and career opportunities.
These will include:
- An average of 2000 construction jobs a year over the 20 year build
- Apprenticeship and training opportunities with on-site contractors
- A recruitment hub to support companies locating into the Enterprise Zone
- A training needs assessment for those wanting to develop new skills
- Advice on how to access learning and training, including financial support
- Advice on CV writing, interview techniques and being 'work-ready'
Now is a good time to think about training you might need to get ready. If you are interested in working on the site, or finding out more about the training and skills opportunities available locally, please register your details on our online form and we’ll be in touch.
Current Vacancies at Alconbury Weald:
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Engineer Looking / recruitment period (Feb17 – Apr 17). Training in Moerdijk Holland/Combronde France June to July. Support function for equipment install UK
- Production Supervisor Looking / recruitment period (Jan 17 – Apr 17). Training in Moerdijk Holland/Combronde France May to August. Support function equipment commissioning
- Lab Supervisor Looking / recruitment (Jan 17 – Mar 17). Training Combronde France April - August. Documentation writing from August.
- Production Operators x 4 Looking / recruitment period (Jun 17 – Aug 17). Training in Moerdijk Holland beginning September till December.
- Goods In / Out, Fork Lift Truck Operator Looking / recruitment period (Aug 17 – Sep 17)
In Spring 2017 MMUK and MMFlowers will be opening their multi million pound purpose built factory at Alconbury Weald the largest in the UK in the industry. If you would like to be part of our business and contribute to our continues growth MMUK want to hear from you.
Vacancies for both sites in Chatteris and Alconbury Weald. The Alconbury Weald roles will operate out of the Chatteris site until the Alconbury facility opens.
Various roles are available including:
- Quality Controllers
- Engineering Manager
- Section Leaders
- Production / Shift Managers
- Production Operative
- Hygiene Team Leaders
- Factory Cleaners
- Technical Managers
- FLT / Reach Truck Drivers
- Warehouse Operatives
- Production Manager
On site: J Breheny Contractors Ltd
There are live vacancies on site for J Breheny Contractors Limited, who are working on the infrastructuring of the next phase of the Enterprise Zone. As part of the contract under Alconbury’s National Skills Academy for Construction framework, Breheny will undertake a number of work placements, projects with local schools as well as working with the Alconbury Weald jobs brokerage to recruit local people to a number of contracts they are working on at the moment. Their work includes:
- removing redundant services below the ground, such as old fuel pipes and underground tanks
- carry out works to remediate the ground or deal with contaminated materials
- groundworks to the areas where hardstanding or buildings have been removed to put in place sub soil and topsoil
- Coordination and installation of new street lighting, telecoms, hydrant and water services below the planned new roads
- Complete all surface and foul water drainage
- Construct the new Boulevard Spur and Estate Road – including highways, cycleways and footpaths, street lighting, landscaping, planting, white lining and signage
Job descriptions for these roles are listed on the right hand side of this page.
If you are interested in these roles or undertaking a work placement with J Breheny, please send your CV to email@example.com or register your interest below.