As the owner and developer of Alconbury Weald we want to be a good neighbour both now and in the future. The amount of development that we are applying for will take around 20 years to build out. Throughout the construction period we will put in place a range of controls to reduce the impact on people that already live and work in the area as well as those that choose to make Alconbury Weald their home or place of work.
These will include:
• Actions agreed with Huntingdonshire District Council to limit noise and dust
• Agreed hours of working
• Specific routes and times for construction traffic
• Provision of a hotline for making complaints
• Implementation of the considerate contractors scheme
We want Alconbury Weald to become a great place to live and work and to maintain the high quality, low carbon commitments made – from the first brick to the last during construction, and for the decades to come. We will be protecting all of the investments we have made in the site and the local area with clear long term sustainable management systems. These will:
• Ensure design and build quality in partnership with Huntingdonshire District Council
• Maintain the public realm – from green spaces and public art to community buildings and facilities
• Support on site community activities
• Deliver services to business and residential occupiers
• Ensure we deliver on our commitments to neighbouring communities to minimise the impact and maximise the benefits of this development to the wider area.
We continue to work with the surrounding Parish Councils to monitor this approach, and use the Joint Parish Council Liaison Group as a forum for review and sharing of issues. An early example of this approach was the note we produced setting out context and management details following a request for more information about noise comparisons arising from the enabling works currently being undertaken on site.