Alconbury Weald is an exciting development that will transform the area.
Working with partners and the local communities around the site, Urban&Civic will deliver a high quality low carbon place for:
- Enterprise: bringing 8000 jobs to the area and supporting skills and opportunities for local people and businesses through the Government-backed Enterprise Zone
- Living Landscapes: creating 700 acres of green open space, including 200 acres of woodland, and clusters of allotments
- Homes and Living: creating 5000 quality family homes, at a range of prices and tenures
- Heritage: working with and capturing the special history of the site
- Transport and movement: ensuring investment in prioritised public transport, cycle and pathways; investing in the local road network; and bringing rail to the site
- Communities: Supporting the new community and the existing local villages with community space, facilities, sports and leisure activities
- Energy, Waste and Water: creating an exemplar of sustainability with green energy production, careful water management and effective recycling at all levels of the development.
Our current focus is on the following: