As part of its on-going remit to help local people find work and businesses recruit and develop staff, EDGE is holding a Jobs and Apprenticeship Fair from 10am to 4pm on Friday, 8 July 2016 at the Priory Centre in St Neots.
Huntingdonshire businesses exhibiting at the Fair are recruiting for jobs in a range of sectors including construction, engineering, care, catering, finance, education and retail. Many exhibitors are also offering apprenticeship schemes, for all ages looking to earn money while gaining valuable skills and work experience.
Huntingdonshire Regional College, College of Animal Welfare and West Anglia Training Association will also be at the Fair to provide training and careers advice.
Julie Drummond, EDGE Coordinator said: “Whether you are starting out, looking for a new job or want to change career, this Fair could provide the answer. There are so many exciting opportunities with diverse and innovative companies within our region and we hope to see lots of people taking the next step on their career path at this event.”
The Fair has been organised with St Neots Learning Partnership, who are keen to show recent school leavers the range of career opportunities available in the area. EDGE is a jobs and skills partnership that works with Alconbury Enterprise Campus and businesses across the local area to help them find the people they need, and give people the skills they need to fill the vacancies local businesses have.
Companies exhibiting at the Fair include:
- Staffline Group Plc is recruiting food manufacturing operatives for Hotel Chocolat;
- CSR Group is looking for apprentice laboratory technicians;
- Breheny Civil Engineering has site and office-based apprenticeships;
- RWE Generation has technician posts and apprenticeships available at Little Barford Power Station;
- MiHome and Mears Care Ltd is recruiting and will provide full training in domiciliary care to successful applicants;
- Anglia Professional Training and George Hay Chartered accountants are offering apprenticeship schemes in the financial sector;
- Huntingdonshire District Council has administrative positions to fill;
- and the Army is looking for new recruits.
For more information, please visit the EDGE shop in St Benedict’s Court in Huntingdon – which is open every Wednesday 10am-4pm - or call 01480 388459.