The Outline Application provides the framework to deliver a market-leading low carbon development that will transcend prevailing standards for carbon reduction during the lifetime of the development. Alconbury Weald’s mantra has always been to reduce, reuse, recycle and this has permeated all aspects of the application material drawing out efficiencies to be delivered throughout construction and operation.
Examples of this approach include:
- Best practice for spatial and design guidance to reduce operational carbon impacts
- Leveraging the site’s inherent characteristics of scale and legacy infrastructure to integrate with and promote county wide carbon initiatives
- Delivering building to carbon efficiency standards ahead of building regulations
- Working with partners to achieve challenging targets for the reuse and recycling of construction and operational waste
- Reducing potable water consumption via site-wide infrastructure which maximises the reuse of water
- Striving to achieve 100% low and zero carbon energy generation on site driven by demand
- Promoting local carbon reduction programmes with, amongst others, schools and neighbouring communities
- Providing ongoing carbon reduction advice and education for both commercial and residential occupiers
To find out more about our approach to landscape and resources, please see our information factsheet.