We have developed an understanding of the landscape via detailed studies and from discussions with Natural England, English Heritage and local councils.
In response, the Outline Application seeks to craft a place where the natural environment has a presence throughout the site, integrating homes and places of work with green connections and providing suitable habitats for wildlife. The Outline Application provides that:
- All built development will be within 300m access of open space and within 800m of equipped or natural play opportunities
- Green corridors will connect areas of landscape such as existing trees on and around the site with the planned 92 hectares of new woodland
- The Primary Transport Route will deliver an ecological corridor of trees and natural habitats for wildlife, as well as a scenic setting for people to enjoy
- New allotment and community orchard provision will be provided throughout the site
- Appropriate green settings will be developed for the listed hangars and Second World War watch tower
- 45% of Alconbury Weald will not be built on and we are planning a range of different types of green and open space for people and wildlife to enjoy
To find out more about our approach to landscape and resources, please see our information factsheet.