Festival of Learning
The Festival of Learning is the biggest celebration of lifelong learning in England and Alconbury Weald is hosting ‘have a go’ events throughout June to showcase some of the learning opportunities available locally, encourage adults to try something new and highlight some of the benefits of lifelong learning.
We are hosting a programme of events with EDGE, Huntingdon’s jobs and skills partnership, to inspire the local community as well as people working at Alconbury Enterprise Campus and in the surrounding area to ‘have a go’ and discover new talents in a friendly environment.
Learning is a great way to develop skills and boost self-confidence and the Festival of Learning will include:
• Skills and learning: for people interested in refreshing their CV, honing their interview techniques and learning new skills.
• Business: business workshops, clinics and showcases.
• Sport and fitness: with a range of sessions including table tennis, boot camps, boxing fitness and spinning.
• Alconbury Weald – past, present and future: from presentations on Alconbury Weald’s past and a tour of the Nuclear Bunker; to talks about current water management and landscape architecture plans; to tours from companies who have made Alconbury Weald their new home.
• Creative workshops: including drumming, 3D printing demonstration, lamp making and cookery demonstrations.
• Community: including International Picnic Day (18 June) and the Ermine Street Church Academy annual summer fete (29 June).
The majority of the events are free, but some have a small charge for materials and this is indicted in the full programme of events, which you can find here.
There are limited places for some of the events and we would encourage people to book early to avoid disappointment. You can do this by:
Calling: 01480 413141
Or dropping into The Club during normal office hours.